The Geoinformatics conference series was initiated by the International Association of Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Sciences (CPGIS) in 1992. This annual international conference has provided a unique forum for exchanging ideas and knowledge on geographic information science between GIS professionals worldwide. The 21st International Conference on Geoinformatics (Geoinformatics 2013) will be held on June 20-22, 2013 at Kaifeng, Henan Province, China. The conference is organized by College of Environment and Planning at Henan University, Key Lab of Geospatial Technology for Middle & Lower Yellow River Regions, Ministry of Education (Henan University), and the International Association of Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Sciences (CPGIS), and co-organized by Center for Yellow River Civilization and Sustainable Development, Ministry of Education (Henan University), and Geographical Society of Henan.
In response to the increasing concerns on globalization, regional economic development, and carbon emission and environmental issues, the theme of 2013 conference is "GIS in Economic Development, Regional Planning and Environmental Protection ". Geospatial technologies shall play an essential role in regional planning, economic development, environment protection, emergency management, and sustainable development. This conference will provide an excellent opportunity for professionals and students in the geographic information science area to exchange innovative ideas, demonstrate cutting-edge technologies, and present inspiring applications. The conference will include plenaries, special, oral, and poster sessions.
GIS in Economic Development, Regional Planning, and Environmental Protection
CONFERENCE TOPICS (include but not limited to)
GIS in Economic Development
GIS in Regional Planning
GIS in Urban Planning
GIS in Environmental Modeling
GIS in Education
GIS in Business Processes
New trends of technologies and research in GIS community
Geospatial data sharing and interoperability
Geospatial web services and service quality
Geospatial Grid computing
Geospatial Web portal
Analysis-oriented and standards-compliant WebGIS
Geographical information retrieval
Spatial uncertainty and data quality
Multi-dimensional (2D, 3D, and 4D) spatial data modeling and data quality
Spatial workflow and spatial decision support
Virtual Globes and their application to scientific research and daily life
Location based services (LBS)
Wireless and mobile GIS solutions
Automated object extraction and database updates from imagery
Processing and application of high-resolution imagery
Integration of RS, GIS and GPS (3S)
Geospatial education, such as virtual globes-based virtual education
Cartographic Theory and Applications
Data Models in Cartography
Spatial Decision Support Systems
Representation and Visualization of Geospatial Data
Errors and Their Measurements in Spatial Data
Acquisition and Processing of Remotely Sensed Data
Information Extraction from Remotely Sensed Data
Statistics and application models of spatial data
Satellite Positioning Technology and Location based service
Web GIS & Internet GIS
Urban GIS and its applications
Theories and Algorithms in GIS
Government and public GIS
Land Use / Land Cover Change
GIS for Environment and Health
Environmental Criminology and Crime Simulation
Climate Changes and Global Environment
Application of Remote Sensing
Large Data Volume Management
Optical and Radar Remote Sensing
Authors can choose to submit either extended abstract or full paper (but not both). Authors of accepted extended abstract or full papers will be invited to give oral presentations at the conference and their submissions will be included in the CD published by the conferences. Priority will be given to submissions with concrete research results. The length of an extended abstract is 800-1000 words in English. By the tradition, selected full papers from those presented at the conference will be included in the EI-indexed Conference Proceedings published by IEEE GRSS (Geoscience & Remote Sensing Society). Selected papers in specific topics will also be published in peer-reviewed journals as special issue. Please see details in the conference website.
Note: Full papers that are accepted to be included in the Conference proceedings will be charged publication fee, which is separate from the conference registration fee.
Call for Abstracts/Papers
With regards to “Important Dates” as follows, authors are invited to submit an extended abstract OR a full paper via the conference website (http://www.geoinformatics2013.org).
The abstract should clearly indicate the existing results of research and applications related to the themes of the conference.
March. 31, 2013
Abstract/Paper submission deadline
May 15, 2013
Notification of acceptance
May 25, 2013, 12pm (Beijing Time )
Close of early registration
Instructions to Authors
Please download the instructions to authors, template for extended abstract,template for full paper and example of full paper for your reference.
Please carefully read the instructions as follows:
- Authors can choose to submit either extended abstract or full paper, but not both.
- The author(s) of an extended abstract will be notified if the abstract is accepted to be presented at the Conference.
- The author(s) of a full paper will be notified if the paper is accepted to be presented at the Conference, and if the paper is selected to be included in the EI-indexed Conference Proceedings published by IEEE GRSS. This year we will limit the volume of the proceedings and only include those high-quality papers.
- All abstracts and full papers accepted to be presented at the Conference will be included in the CD published by the Conference Organizers and will be distributed to all participants of the Conference.
- For a full paper that is selected to be published by the IEEE proceedings, the Conference Organizers will charge a publication fee of US$200. The fee will be used to cover the cost in managing, reviewing, and compiling the submissions for the proceedings. The authors will be notified about this fee in the paper acceptance notification. All the other submissions are free.
- The length of an extended abstract is 800 – 1000 words in English. It is basically a shortened full paper and contains all major information about the research, particularly the methodology, results, and conclusion. Please use the template of extended abstract on the conference website to prepare your submission of this type.
- A full paper must strictly follow the format requirements of IEEE. Please use the template of full paperor an example of full paper on the conference website to prepare your full paper submission. The length of a full paper is 4-6 pages. It is also highly recommended that the paper be proofread by an experienced English editor. Papers that do not meet the format and language requirements will not be further reviewed for content.
- The deadline of submission is Feb. 28, 2013. This deadline applies to both extended abstract and full paper.
- If the authors whose papers have been selected for the IEEE proceedings are not able to attend the Conference, they must notify the Conference Organizers 4 weeks before the Conference. Papers of the authors who fail to do so will be withdrawn from the proceedings, and the publication fee will not be refunded.
CPGIS member: early registration $180 (1100 Yuan), regular registration $240 (1500 Yuan)
Non-member: early registration $240 (1500 Yuan), regular registration $350 (2200 Yuan)
Student member: early registration $120 (750 Yuan), regular registration $180 (1100 Yuan)
Non-member student: early registration $180 (1100 Yuan), regular registration $240 (1500 Yuan)
Publication fee: $200 (1260 Yuan)
* The conference proceeding, program, lunch box, dinner and gift will be provided by the conference organizer.
* Please note that only RMB or US$ in CASH is accepted for on-site registration, and also note that oral presentation is NOT guaranteed for on-site registrants.
* You also can pay the registration fee through the domestic bank in China. See below for the details.
Bank Name(开户行, Kai Hu Hang)：Jinming sub-Branch, Kaifeng Branch, Construction Bank of China 中国建设银行开封分行金明支行
Account # (账号, Zhang Hao)：41001555519050205819
Account Name (户名, Hu Ming)：Kaifeng Yong An Conference Service Co. LTD (开封永安会议服务有限公司)
* The Proceedings will be published electronically
Key Laboratory of Geospatial Technology for Middle & Lower Yellow River Regions, Ministry of Education (Henan University), China
College of Environment and Planning, Henan University, China
The International Association of Chinese Professional in Geographic Information Sciences
Key Research Institute of Yellow River Civilization and Sustainable Development , Ministry of Education, Henan University , China
The Geographical Society of Henan Province, China
A three-day field trip (Jun. 23-25, 2013) will be organized by local travel agency.
Route one: Yuntai Mountain (www.yuntaishan.net, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuntai_Mountain), Taihang Great Valley (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taihang_Mountains) and Red Flag Canal (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Flag_Canal)
Route two: Shaolin Temple (www.shaolin.org.cn/en/index.aspx, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaolin_Monastery), Longmen Grottoes (www.lmsk.cn, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longmen_Grottoes), Xiaolangdi Dam(www.xiaolangdi.cn, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiaolangdi_Dam)
Cost estimated (each route): RMB1600, including hotel, transportation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, ticket and travel insurance.
Contact person: Mingzhou Qin（Phone: +86 13723287263, email: email@example.com） or Shixiong Hu (Phone: +86 15937866752, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
College of Environment and Planning, Henan University (Jinming Campus)
Jinming Ave., Kaifeng, Henan Province, China, 475004